Tuesday, August 14, 2012

HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER

It's a bit late to wish my muslim brothers and sisters Ramadhan Mubarrak, but here's an early Eid Mubarrak! Here's some updates on the Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo Helmet. 


Brushed the whole thing with resin (2 coats to be exact)...

Cut out pieces of fibreglass cloth...

..and applied them to the underside of the helmet, then applied more resin...

When the helmet became really hard, I applied the 2 part bondo or car cement onto the helmet. Started with the visor section...

Still a long way to go...Stay tuned for more WIPs soon...
Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Wouldn't really call myself a proper sculptor, an aspiring one, maybe. giving my best to be a pro. But I do custom toys and props, paint a lotta model kits, design buildings and interiors, and doodle some graphicworks for work & fun.