Monday, December 16, 2013

PULL ME DOWN [AND TIE ME UNDER]

Hola fellas! I'm back, finally, starting on a another new (yes, new) Star Wars project! WEEEHOOOO!! This time it will be a conversion of the Hasbro Tie Interceptor to a proper museum quality (hopefully) replica. I got this tie interceptor from a dear friend of mine, Birudamai. (Thanks dude!)
Overall, Hasbro did quite a good job on the overall look. The size is just nice, the color is quite ok and the the scale is generally true to the 3 3/4 inch figure. Here's how it looks like straight from the box..






The main cockpit is attached together by 4 screws, 2 on each side. Looks easy enough to open, right? WRONG. The fucker is still stuck together even after you took out all the screws. It turns out that there's 6 internal pegs glued inside, so you basically have to force/pry the damn thing and break the pegs. I damaged the front sides a bit during the process..but I guess I can fix it later..Here's how it looks like after I raped it.


That's all for now..there's still a lot to do. Stay tuned..


No comments:

Post a Comment

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Wouldn't really call myself a proper sculptor, an aspiring one, maybe. giving my best to be a pro. But I do custom toys and props, paint a lotta model kits, design buildings and interiors, and doodle some graphicworks for work & fun.